I have about a dozen images in Alamy and havent logged in for a while; when i go in today to Image Manager it says congratulations thank you for registering as a contributor but i cant get through to work on my dozen photos which were uploaded in about 2007

I couldnt work out where to get help, so posting here

Allan

If you click on the "Images: 11" below the place where your avatar would be it'll take you to your images.

Click on one of your images and you should see an edit link which should bring you to that photo in AIM. 

It's not an ideal method but maybe it'll kick-start AIM.

Having been out of circulation for several weeks I'm now trying to get my head around the new IM procedure.

Am I correct in assuming that once a set of submittals has passed QC it is then automatically put on sale/

As for tags and supertags I can't get my head around these. As far as I am concerned a keyword is a keyword, end.

If the new system means that we no longer have to go through all of the acceptances and do a lot of work which has already been done that's great.

I am informed that the majority of my images have a low level of searchability. WTF is all that about.

Finally, when I log on I am informed that I have around 5000 images on sale, or 12000+ or 20600 or 30000+. Actually the real total is 20600.

If anyone can clarify things I will be eternally grateful.

Ilyich

Supertags: you click on and turn your 10 most important tags (keywords) into supertags, supposedly will help. Those are replacing "Essential" in the old MI. What you once had in Essential should already be supertags.

Your images, after upload and QC approval, will go on sale if you had them tagged and captioned at upload. If caption is blank, they won't go on sale until you caption. Not sure, since I caption and tag before upload if they go on sale with only caption, no tags.

The orange and green bar color means if you have 40 plus tags, you'll get into the green. But if you have all relevant tags already, people adding superfluous tags just to get the green invites spamming. Most of us ignore this.

The number doesn't relate to what you actually have on sale. Apparently, every upload, every failure, every deletion is counted. It has no bearing on what you actually have for sale. Lol, kinda dumb. I want what I have in my port, I don't want my failures counted!

Captions seem to have a lot of weight, at least until recently. Not sure if that has changed. Make your captions contain the most important tags you'll have repeated in the tag area. i.e., "Black quarterhorse gelding grazing at the foot of Teton mountain range during a spring snow. Wyoming, USA." (Or is it Montana, lol)

Hope this helps.

It really IS easier and faster for new uploads. Just don't have a coronary when you look at your legacy images.

Betty

Thanks Betty,

I have a strong suspicion that It's a case of why make something simple when for a little extra effort it can be made complicated.

Or is it just me !!

Thanks again

Thanks Betty,

I have a strong suspicion that It's a case of why make something simple when for a little extra effort it can be made complicated.

Or is it just me !!

Thanks again

Really, I like the changes. It takes me less time to annotate new images. I just have to fill out the optional tab stuff, and choose super tags. There's no more moving the tag field into 3 separate boxes.

It's the images uploaded before the new AIM that is the problem. Some of the keywords didn't cross over well, causing phrases of unrelated words that were meant to be singles. As I fix those, I'm making sure my captions are what they need to be.

There are more problems with older images that what I've outlined, but that would require writing a book to go in depth.

Search through some of the threads. But take a Valium first. To Alamy's credit, they have been tweaking some things to make them better.

Betty

Archived