Have you noticed.

When watching Alamy"s help video for the new image manager here, towards the end some tags, which are in a certain order, are turned into "Supertags" and after clicking on "Save" the images are in the exact reverse order to what they were when they were normal tags.

You think that Alamy would have noticed that, wouldn't you, and corrected the situation before going any further.

Allan

When watching Alamy"s help video for the new image manager here, towards the end some tags, which are in a certain order, are turned into "Supertags" and after clicking on "Save" the images are in the exact reverse order to what they were when they were normal tags.

You think that Alamy would have noticed that, wouldn't you, and corrected the situation before going any further.

Allan

I think they knew that, just didn't think it mattered as they keep saying that the order doesn't matter.

The order doesn't matter but the relative position does, as in 2 tags next to each other.

If you enter 2 tags in the order you want them to be in, click to make them supertags and THEN save, they'll be in the correct order. If you save and then make them supertags and save again, they'll be in reverse order.

Still an obvious bug though. There are many things you'd think they would have noticed before making it live. :)

Geoff.

Right, that's why I said that they probably have seen this happening and didn't didn't bother fixing it as it doesn't matter.

The order doesn't matter but the relative position does, as in 2 tags next to each other.

If you enter 2 tags in the order you want them to be in, click to make them supertags and THEN save, they'll be in the correct order. If you save and then make them supertags and save again, they'll be in reverse order.

Still an obvious bug though. There are many things you'd think they would have noticed before making it live. :)

Geoff.

Whatever, if proximity is important than there MUST be a facility to reorder them in AIM.

Geoff.

Whatever, if proximity is important than there MUST be a facility to reorder them in AIM.

Exactly.  Proximity has to do with order and now we also know that for example spring paris is not the same as paris spring, so if the tags get reordered then they are not what I want them to be.

Geoff.

Right, that's why I said that they probably have seen this happening and didn't didn't bother fixing it as it doesn't matter.

But it DOES matter because changing the order changes proximity, as 2 tags will be the wrong way around. It's proximity in the correct order that matters surely? Don't quote me on that just yet though!

Geoff.

Right, we know that, but Alamy claims that it doesn't matter.  Besides you just said it didn't matter so I'm not sure what you are arguing.

Archived