Tracking usage of photos

Would like to know if there are good tools to track where your photographs are used?

I used pixsy, but it gives me strange results - photos that are not even close to mine...

With google I get so many results that it is very difficult to find anything, even when narowing down... Obviously my name is very common, which doesn't help...

I'm trying to compile a list of publications...

Any other tools? Any help will be appreciated!

Michael

Would like to know if there are good tools to track where your photographs are used?

I used pixsy, but it gives me strange results - photos that are not even close to mine...

With google I get so many results that it is very difficult to find anything, even when narowing down... Obviously my name is very common, which doesn't help...

Michael

Tineye (Firefox) and Google Image Search (Chrome) - both extensions you will have to install. Will often find different images. I use Google Image Search most often. You just have to click the little camera below an image to search. (coming up when the extension is installed and you let your mouse hover over an image on the Internet. Do this on your collection of thumbnails.

Generally not so easy to find uses nowadays as many are hidden behind walls of subscription now. You will, however, find a lot of images lifted from newspapers for blog use.

That's strange - I find Pixsy does a pretty good job. It found matches that Google reverse image search didn't. Yes there are some false matches, but not to many.

Michael

Tineye (Firefox) and Google Image Search (Chrome) - both extensions you will have to install. Will often find different images. I use Google Image Search most often. You just have to click the little camera below an image to search. (coming up when the extension is installed and you let your mouse hover over an image on the Internet. Do this on your collection of thumbnails.

Generally not so easy to find uses nowadays as many are hidden behind walls of subscription now. You will, however, find a lot of images lifted from newspapers for blog use.

I am struggling with Google image search using the extension as it usually puts in a word which is not relevant and I have then to alter it.

I also keep clicking the little blue camera icon in the new IM which is bottom right near the selection circle, which just serves to irritate me more than it should!

Archived