Adobe Bridge

I've been following the dialogue reference Bridge and decided to give it a try, to date I've been using Lightroom only.

Albeit I found it quite laborious (I figure I'll speed up eventually) what I do like is the immediate placement of all phrases and tags, as input, when uploaded to AIM. There is one issue however which I'd appreciate some help on.

My phrases and tags, as a set, are exactly duplicated! If I type in (e.g) a,b,c,d,e,f,g, immediately underneath I get a,b,c,d,e,f,g again !

Is it me or the system?

Sorry if this has been covered previously.

Thanks for any help

I've been following the dialogue reference Bridge and decided to give it a try, to date I've been using Lightroom only.

Albeit I found it quite laborious (I figure I'll speed up eventually) what I do like is the immediate placement of all phrases and tags, as input, when uploaded to AIM. There is one issue however which I'd appreciate some help on.

My phrases and tags, as a set, are exactly duplicated! If I type in (e.g) a,b,c,d,e,f,g, immediately underneath I get a,b,c,d,e,f,g again !

Is it me or the system?

Sorry if this has been covered previously.

Thanks for any help

ReeRay, do the duplicates show up in Bridge or after they appear in MI? That has never happened to me. If it happens in Bridge, maybe there's a setting in preferences that's gone wrong.

The first thing that will make things go easier once you've figured that out is to make a template. Do you put your contact info, copyright notice and such in your metadata?

If so, pm me and I'll explain how easy it is to set a template up. Once you do, it's a simple matter to apply it.

But if you develop in LR, I'm sure your metadata arrives with your image to Bridge. I usually develop in LR, but if I develop in PS, the template does the job.

I, like Gen, have templates set up for commonly shot subjects, especially the ones that require scientific names.

Sorry I can't help with the duplicate problem.

Betty

Hi Betty

The duplicates don't show up in Bridge but I've just realised (dope I am) that I've previously added a few tags in LR before coming into Bridge. Guess this is the answer. IM has picked up both.

Thanks for coming back. I'm ok with templates and metadata.

Regards

Ray

P.s. As an aside, I see we now have the benefit of seeing our file numbers in IM.

P.s. As an aside, I see we now have the benefit of seeing our file numbers in IM.

I see them when I select a submission (they have always been there), but not when I get the results of a search (which I'd very much like). Do you see them when you do a search in MI?

Hi Betty

The duplicates don't show up in Bridge but I've just realised (dope I am) that I've previously added a few tags in LR before coming into Bridge. Guess this is the answer. IM has picked up both.

Thanks for coming back. I'm ok with templates and metadata.

Regards

Ray

Glad you worked it out. :) Especially when I'm not so good with technical problems.

Archived