Regarding the order of tags.

My image ID: HDKG2R

Oystercatcher birds on a beach.

It's a new image, never keyworded or tagged. I entered these phrases and words in this order...

oystercatchers

Haematopus ostralegus

Eurasian oystercatchers

flock of oystercatchers

oystercatcher birds

standing

beach

side view

I hit SAVE and the order reversed. This is fine, as it put the FIRST phrases/words at the top, which is what I'd usually want, and I'd imagine others would want that too?

I then changed these top ones to supertags, leaving the last 2 as normal tags....

oystercatchers

Haematopus ostralegus

Eurasian oystercatchers

flock of oystercatchers

oystercatcher birds

standing

I hit SAVE, and the order now appears like this, with all supertags first....

standing

oystercatcher birds

flock of oystercatchers

Eurasian oystercatchers

Haematopus ostralegus

oystercatchers

beach

side view

The order has now been reversed again, so the first words/phrases I added appear last after a save. This is not what I want and I'm sure not what most people want. So it's the action of changing tags to supertags that reverses the order.

Geoff.

Thanks for this clear example - this makes sense and there appears to be some confusion on the issue reported here as there is a difference if you add the supertags before committing the standard tags via hitting save. If the tags are already saved then yes, the order will be affected - if they are not already committed via a save then they will be added as supertags in the order by which they were added to the tag field. We'll get our technical team to investigate this to confirm the desired behavior. 

But it is good practice when editing to do routine/frequent saves to secure the work as one goes, so it is essential that order is maintained between such saves.

Regarding the order of tags.

My image ID: HDKG2R

Oystercatcher birds on a beach.

It's a new image, never keyworded or tagged. I entered these phrases and words in this order...

oystercatchers

Haematopus ostralegus

Eurasian oystercatchers

flock of oystercatchers

oystercatcher birds

standing

beach

side view

I hit SAVE and the order reversed. This is fine, as it put the FIRST phrases/words at the top, which is what I'd usually want, and I'd imagine others would want that too?

I then changed these top ones to supertags, leaving the last 2 as normal tags....

oystercatchers

Haematopus ostralegus

Eurasian oystercatchers

flock of oystercatchers

oystercatcher birds

standing

I hit SAVE, and the order now appears like this, with all supertags first....

standing

oystercatcher birds

flock of oystercatchers

Eurasian oystercatchers

Haematopus ostralegus

oystercatchers

beach

side view

The order has now been reversed again, so the first words/phrases I added appear last after a save. This is not what I want and I'm sure not what most people want. So it's the action of changing tags to supertags that reverses the order.

Geoff.

Thanks for this clear example - this makes sense and there appears to be some confusion on the issue reported here as there is a difference if you add the supertags before committing the standard tags via hitting save. If the tags are already saved then yes, the order will be affected - if they are not already committed via a save then they will be added as supertags in the order by which they were added to the tag field. We'll get our technical team to investigate this to confirm the desired behavior. 

But it is good practice when editing to do routine/frequent saves to secure the work as one goes, so it is essential that order is maintained between such saves.

Yes. During one session I inadvertently left the page before saving and lost a lot of good work so now I save frequently.

Paulette

Archived