Creative switching to Editorial RF!

I am seriously thinking of switching creative content to editorial RF!  I see no harm in this since in every search they are mixed anyway. Perhaps then I can avoid things like searching " oil industry"  I see pictures of people using olive-oil! in cooking etc.

Haha!  nah never heard or seen you Brian! but wait a minute...............! oh yeah!!

No I dont know how to do it, although I will from now on upload all my content as RF-editorial, its pointless even thinking creative here.

Haha!  nah never heard or seen you Brian! but wait a minute...............! oh yeah!!

No I dont know how to do it, although I will from now on upload all my content as RF-editorial, its pointless even thinking creative here.

what are you refering to when you say "creative"?

When you upload your content, you decide weather its creative or editorial content. i have always uploaded creative/commercial BUT that dont sell here so from now on I will upload and under the editorial section, thats what sell!

what are you refering to when you say "creative"?

When you upload your content, you decide weather its creative or editorial content. i have always uploaded creative/commercial BUT that dont sell here so from now on I will upload and under the editorial section, thats what sell!

how do you decide that?  I don't have such option!

There is a confusion in terminology here.

The term creative as used by Alamy (in categorising images) and by Christian refers to images for use by creative professionals (in other words, the ad industry and associated areas - commercial use in other words as it is also confusingly known). Christian is just making the decision himself on what he considers to be creative content. You can't label your own images on Alamy as creative - this was done some time ago and caused a lot of controversy and debate at the time because of inconsistency and about how and what images were designated creative. I get the feeling it was an initiative that didn't really go anywhere although the designations still exist.

It doesn't mean creative photography which has another meaning altogether.

Archived