Recent Sale Question

I've just had this sale come in. (only my 3rd, but i've just started to get going)

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 30 December 2016
End: 30 December 2021
Archival rights included in perpetuity

Its the first RM i've had, so i have a few more details to view than i did with my other RF sales. 

So the question is: 

I assume the sale was made today, Dec 30th?

When would you guess that the payment would be cleared (there's no rush!!)

Is the sales figure given gross or nett?

And what exactly does 'Archival rights included in perpetuity' mean?

Thanks for your help, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year

Dave

It can take a while, up to 5 months, for a sale to clear after the date of the invoice, but most clear after a month or two.

The sales figure is gross, you get 50% if it's a straightforward Alamy sale, less if it's through a third party distributor.

I assume that the "in perpetuity" means that, if the web site is no longer live, but is stored in a digital archive, the customer continues to hold the right to use the image in that particular instance.

It can take a while, up to 5 months, for a sale to clear after the date of the invoice, but most clear after a month or two.

The sales figure is gross, you get 50% if it's a straightforward Alamy sale, less if it's through a third party distributor.

I assume that the "in perpetuity" means that, if the web site is no longer live, but is stored in a digital archive, the customer continues to hold the right to use the image in that particular instance.

Thanks Bryan. 

The sale has been reported on the 30th., but if it's from an account customer the dates are often inaccurate. It could have been downloaded several months ago- image search may turn it up.

You won't see any money until the end of the month in which your cleared balance reaches $50.

Archived