How to find my images

Hi there,

I new to Alamy and have just had my first 4 images accepted and for sale. My question is how do I find them and do I have a profile somewhere.

Thanks in anticipation

Janet

Go to the Alamy home page (www.alamy.com)  and log in to your account.  At the top right, select My Alamy. This gives you a dashboard of your sales information.

To see and manage your images (keywording etc.) click on the Manage Your Images button.

To look at views, zooms and (eventual) sales on your images, click on 'Alamy Measures' and the 'Your Images' button.

If you want to see your images as a customer might see them, click on the search button on the Alamy home page, then click on 'Advanced Search' and enter your Contributor Name in box provided.

You can also use the Alamy search with keywords, just as a customer might, and see if your images appear anywhere in the search results. However, with common subjects such as the ones in your first photos, you will have to wade through many, many similar results to find yours.

Some hints: put the Latin name for wildlife in the keywords, but make sure it is the right one. Check on the terms and conditions for the location of your Patagonian hare - many zoos explicitly forbid commercial use of images of their animals without their written permission (a property release).

If you can get a release for the person whose hand is holding the blue tit it would make the picture much more attractive commercially.  The balls are up in the air as far as keywording goes just now as there is a major shift in progress on how it works. However, in the past I have used phrases in commas extensively and in your case I would put "blue tit" and "bird in the hand" to that same blue tit photo.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for all the hints and tips, I'll work on those today.

I'm quite new to stock so it's a big learning curve, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Thanks again

Happy snapping

Janet

Archived