Hi all,

I am new to Alamy and have a question. 'When someone joins Alamy and loads up their first images, how does Alamy rank them as a contributor? Do they get given a boost because they are new or is it a case of start at the bottom and work your way up?'

cheers

Simon

thanks both,

I was asking because as you can see I am totally new here and have very little on here ( and with very few keywords) but when I look at what I have put on here and search for example,  on 'austerity protest' for relevant  photographs one of my images for example, pops up on the first page at around position 37 (out of 32,348 images). This is also happening for other images e.g. 'Turkish Police Istanbul 'there are 6,173 photos and if I select on relevant photos my image is at position 25 and another example,  'street theatre england' there are 7,521 'relevant photos' and my image is in position 6.

I appreciate that at the end of the day the only metric worth measuring are the sales (if any) but I was wondering if I am being particularly stupid here

best wishes

Simon

thanks both,

I was asking because as you can see I am totally new here and have very little on here ( and with very few keywords) but when I look at what I have put on here and search for example,  on 'austerity protest' for relevant  photographs one of my images for example, pops up on the first page at around position 37 (out of 32,348 images). This is also happening for other images e.g. 'Turkish Police Istanbul 'there are 6,173 photos and if I select on relevant photos my image is at position 25 and another example,  'street theatre england' there are 7,521 'relevant photos' and my image is in position 6.

I appreciate that at the end of the day the only metric worth measuring are the sales (if any) but I was wondering if I am being particularly stupid here

best wishes

Simon

You are more likely to come up high with multi word searches.  Where do you come with single word searches?  That's the real test of your ranking.

Pearl

Archived