The UK Newspaper Issue - How Exactly is it Supposed to Work?

Hi all,

I spotted a couple of my photos in a British news venue (The Telegraph), but I don't see any actual listing of any sale of the two photos. Does it take some time to register the sale? I saw someone else in the forum here say it can take quite some time. What I'm curious about is (1) how long does it take to process, and (2) for use in a newspaper how much would they pay?

I gather the answers are (1) very long time, and (2) very small money.

If anyone has exact information, please post.

There was a point earlier in the year when usage and reporting got closer together. However at the moment I have 9 unreported (conveniently forgotten)

Which will be on an email to Alamy if they don't show up this month.

Money, no comment.

Cheers

Craig

After shunning it for years, I decided to opt into the newspaper scheme last month on an experimental basis. No sales yet, which doesn't surprise me since I'm a long way from the UK. I figure that I can easily bail out of the scheme if it becomes frustrating. How does it work? I have no idea.

It's a third of my volume. Not revenue obviously.

Mine are mostly UK-related subjects as it happens (not necessarily taken here), but there's no reason why they shouldn't pick some of yours for travel or food pieces. Some are slow payers but the Guardian and the Times are the best.

Incidentally the Guardian now pays about 25% of what it paid in 2010 for the same use.

Archived