Land of Milk and Honey?

For the last few years we have enjoyed visiting our son and his family in NYC, and then touring around the eastern seaboard of the USA.

I know my collection is relatively tiny, so statistically insignificant, but the small number of images that I have available from the USA consistently outperform my British and particularly European collections. 

For example, this month my best $$ sale is of a mundane people free shot taken in small town America, while I also recorded the only two zooms from a popular tourist destination. In contrast, it now seems to be the case that a zoom of virtually any UK based image is one of several from competitors, while, for the last few months, nothing from the UK has approached a 3 figure sale. 

It looks like our family is returning home later this year, so I'm looking forward to a Xmas together, but will miss our adventures over the pond.

You stock photographers from the US don't know you're born.....  :)

You are always welcome to come back over and shoot a few more pics.  I don't think I will ever cover just the subjects in North Carolina.  My main focus is the Southern states NC, SC, GA and VA.  Come on down to Dixieland and help me out.

Marvin

"You are always welcome to come back over and shoot a few more pics.  I don't think I will ever cover just the subjects in North Carolina.  My main focus is the Southern states NC, SC, GA and VA.  Come on down to Dixieland and help me out."

Thanks Marvin. We visited Virginia last year and took in the Richmond folk festival, drove the Skyline Drive during fall etc. Loved it - but not yet sold any of those snaps!

In truth it's far easier and cheaper for us Brits to get to Italy etc where there are plenty of photo ops, but apparently rather less earning potential through Alamy.

I always assumed you Brits had the advantage with Alamy, especially with Live News . Most of my sales are from the US since that's most of my portfolio, but I've sold a smattering of images from Italy, Scotland, and other European subjects too. 

Scariest presidential election in my lifetime. Stranger than fiction IMHO. It seems most of us here are on the same page. 

Archived