Hello :)

Keiko

Yes, Keiko, an unidentified subject is just taking up space in your portfolio with very little chance of selling. You need the common name, for instance "spider monkey" then the scientific (Latin) name. Not that spider monkey is your monkey, that's just an example.

I often find one of my zoomed images was searched by the scientific name.

Yes, it's trouble. It takes time. There has been times I've searched for parts of two days trying to ID a subject. As a last resort, sometimes I have posted the image in Dropbox, provided a link and asked the forum for help on ID. But this is only as a last resort after I've done my own due digilence. Something to not burden the forum with but rarely.

When taking photos at zoos it can be very useful to also take a shot of the sign for your own reference. It often has the scientific name as well as other information that might help you with your keywording. In my opinion your "scary monkey" is a Japanese Macaque, otherwise known as a Snow Monkey.

Paulette

Thank you for your advices! Lesson learnt! I have been taking shots of the sign for my recent shots if they have one. I am also looking into apps that can identify pictures and will look into the scientific name for my future uploads. Thank you again for your advices!  :) 

Archived