Today I had a $180 book sale pop up today that looks like it could be a textbook sale, but the word "textbook" doesn't appear in the licensing info. Looking back at my sales info, I notice that "textbook" hasn't shown up in one of my sales since 2014. Do textbook sales still exist? Are they called something else now?

I've had a couple of textbook sales over the past year, so they are still there.

Jill

I've had plenty of "Education" book sales -- including some nice iQ ones for $240 -- over the past year, but none designated specifically as textbook licenses. Back in the "good old days," $180 was the magic number for textbook sales, and they were always listed as such.

I've had a couple of textbook sales over the past year, so they are still there.

Jill

I've had plenty of "Education" book sales -- including some nice iQ ones for $240 -- over the past year, but none designated specifically as textbook licenses. Back in the "good old days," $180 was the magic number for textbook sales, and they were always listed as such.

I just realized they weren't as recent as I thought, same as you, 2014.  

Jill

Batch of (5) $180 grossers week ago,

all described in SummSales as:

Rights Managed Country: Worldwide

Usage: Editorial

Media: Book, print and/or e-book

Print run: Unlimited

Placement: Inside

Image Size: 1 page

Start: 15 June 2016

End: 15 June 2041

Duration: Life of edition

...certainly these are educational...?

That's exactly the same as the sale I had today. No mention of textbook or educational, but those look to be the most likely suspects.

I've had two book sales so far this month. I don't see the words "textbook" any more, but did have an "Educational book" this month...

Start: 07 June 2016
End: 07 June 2041
Duration: Life of product

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book. Editorial print and digital use. inside.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 15 June 2026

I've had two book sales so far this month. I don't see the words "textbook" any more, but did have an "Educational book" this month...

Start: 07 June 2016
End: 07 June 2041
Duration: Life of product

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book. Editorial print and digital use. inside.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 15 June 2026

Yup, it looks as if "textbook" has disappeared from the Alamy lexicon, perhaps because textbooks are now rumoured to be on the endangered species list.

Archived