Has Alamy changed the Creative Search results?

'Creative' is the default tab which people see when searching Alamy.

I often search for my own images to check that they have been inlcuded properly inthe database and for as long as I can remember, always saw the same Stockimo image (my Stockimo images and 'normal alamy' images get returned together) shown as the first image, I then normally click on the 'New' tab...

But today, for the first time in ages, the normal stockimo image wasn't the first image shown on the Creative tab.. .however.. apart from two or three 'normal alamy' pictures, nearly all of the first two pages of creative search results were my Stockimo images whereas it was a mixture of 'stockimo' and 'normal Alamy' images previously.

It does make sense that Stockimo images are on the whole 'more creative' than normal Alamy images... but it does seem to be that Alamy have made a change to boost the visibility of Stockimo mages.

I'm not sure if I explained that particularly well... but have other people seen the same?

I can't comment on whether Alamy actually changed anything on the creative search order, but if I were Alamy I would also put Stockimo images first. For Stockimo images, Alamy only pays 20% to the contributor, compared to 50% for regular image, so their share is bigger when selling a Stockimo image.

Christoph

I can't comment on whether Alamy actually changed anything on the creative search order, but if I were Alamy I would also put Stockimo images first. For Stockimo images, Alamy only pays 20% to the contributor, compared to 50% for regular image, so their share is bigger when selling a Stockimo image.

Christoph

Yes.. that had occurred to me..

Or does it suggest a re-rank and my 'Stockimo' portfolio has a higher rank than my 'normal alamy' portfolio?

There's no sign of a re-rank in the conventional BHZ sense as my benchmark photos are in the same place as they have been for weeks. However, that does not exclude the possibility of something being tweaked in the Stockimo part of the Alamy world, though I can't tjudge as it is a world I have no part of.

Archived