Finding "Creative" Images

I have 8 images show under Creative category when searching using my name.

But I have a lightbox now with 95 Creative category images I have stumbled

across when performing regular searches.

Would it be good to be able to have a comprehensive view of our Creative category images

or would this be pointless as they are constantly under review?

Any thoughts on this?

Kathy deWitt

I would certainly like to have that. It seems it would help in choosing what to shoot and submit in the future. Maybe this is a subject for the section of the forum on suggestions.

Paulette

Aren't the extra creative images (those that don't show up under a name search) just generated from customer activity (sales and zooms)? I'm not sure a comprehensive list would tell us any more than we already know from our stats. ...or perhaps there's something Alamy aren't telling us.

Aren't the extra creative images (those that don't show up under a name search) just generated from customer activity (sales and zooms)? I'm not sure a comprehensive list would tell us any more than we already know from our stats. ...or perhaps there's something Alamy aren't telling us.

I have found some that I don't believe ever showed up in my stats. Most of mine are in one search category so I have thought perhaps someone who buys in that category was allowed to choose some?????? Really it is a mystery. I do think seeing them all in one place (the lightbox is a great idea) might give me a bit of a push in the right direction.

Paulette

Forgive me my ignorance, but, what is this "creative images" exactly? I've noticed it in some searches...

On the main search page you can choose to search under the tab "New" or "Creative" or "Relevant". Relevant is the old search taking into account our rank, etc. and New is recently uploaded. How they choose the Creative is a mystery except that they are selecting images that would be suitable for the  (higher paying) commercial clients -- as opposed to editorial. Something like that, anyway. Some images are hand-picked and some end up in Creative because a client zoomed or bought them.

Paulette

Forgive me my ignorance, but, what is this "creative images" exactly? I've noticed it in some searches...

On the main search page you can choose to search under the tab "New" or "Creative" or "Relevant". Relevant is the old search taking into account our rank, etc. and New is recently uploaded. How they choose the Creative is a mystery except that they are selecting images that would be suitable for the  (higher paying) commercial clients -- as opposed to editorial. Something like that, anyway. Some images are hand-picked and some end up in Creative because a client zoomed or bought them.

Paulette

Thank you! Part of the mystery is solved now for me ;-)

Archived