Anyone using/used Tamron SP AF 70-300 lens

I need a temporary replacement for my dropped Canon 70-200 lens. I`ve seen some decent reviews

for the Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD. Anyone using/used this lens for stock?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks, Geoff.

I`ve been using the Canon 70-200 f4 on a cropped sensor; that lens is tack sharp. I don`t want to replace it with anything

expensive as i`m considering moving to Fuji.../replacing camera soon. I need the long end of the zoom for sport (surfing).

Good light isn`t a problem here in The Canary Islands.

Joe

I am using Tamron AF 18-200, f 3.5-6.3, macro 62, A14, Aspherical LD XR DiII, with my Canon 550D, that saves me changing normal lens 18-55 with 55-200 or 55-300 for distant objects.I find it handy.

Thanks, Geoff.

I`ve been using the Canon 70-200 f4 on a cropped sensor; that lens is tack sharp. I don`t want to replace it with anything

expensive as i`m considering moving to Fuji.../replacing camera soon. I need the long end of the zoom for sport (surfing).

Good light isn`t a problem here in The Canary Islands.

Joe

if you were not going Fuji you could consider sigma. 

They offer mount conversions, so one is not stuck with one system. 

Archived