Notification of Live News sales?

This is new territory for me, been trying for years without success, then three sales recently.

After the first two I was notified by MS of the sale, but after this third sale, which I found in a newspaper the day after uploading (Sunday), there has been no notification as yet. 

I expect that there might be some premium for Live News as compared to general stock, so I do wish this sale to be classified as Live News.

Is there any cause for concern?

This is new territory for me, been trying for years without success, then three sales recently.

After the first two I was notified by MS of the sale, but after this third sale, which I found in a newspaper the day after uploading (Sunday), there has been no notification as yet. 

I expect that there might be some premium for Live News as compared to general stock, so I do wish this sale to be classified as Live News.

Is there any cause for concern?

Most of the major newspaper self-bill/self report (in theory) so it may be the end of this, next month or even later before the sales get formally notified to you. And watch for rip-off, reuse etc.

Hi Bryan,

Sometimes the team at Live News call to report a usage but sometimes not. Maybe its when they are less busy etc. Once or twice I got a notification by e-mail. I wouldn't worry if they haven't informed you but keep the relevant tear-sheet if you have it.

There is a premium on a Live News sale - obviously if it is licensed when it appears on Live News feed. Reasonable money compared to general stock sales to newspapers.

Best

Richard

Weird, I replied to this thread then my post disappeared - probably due to pushing the Mark Solved button.

Thanks for the replies guys!

It's good to know that notifications are intermittent, and that there is a premium. I don't have the tear sheet, but I'll try to grab a web image before it disappears from the ether.

Notification can come months later and sometimes not at all.

I had some images used in April 2014 that were eventually invoiced for in January 2015 after I chased them with Alamy. In fact it was Bryan who had spotted them in the newspaper when they were first used.

My concern is that had I not been aware of those usages, and followed it up, would I have ever got paid? I don't buy all the newspapers and go through them each day after I have submitted images to LiveNews. I don't really think I should have to anyway.

I'm just chasing up a use of one of my Live News images in a newspaper going back to mid November. I'm a little annoyed that Alamy are requesting me to provide the evidence of the usage. Fortunately, in this case, I do have a copy of the relevant newspaper page, although I don't have any evidence of web usage because it's behind a paywall. Again, in this instance, I only became aware of the newspaper using it because it had been reported on this forum on the "Have you found any images" thread. 

Useful to know Douglas  Keith (sorry, slip of the brain!)

On Richard's advice I've kept a record of my most recent usage. I'm assuming where MS have reported an instance there should be no need to worry.

Archived