Property Release and Model Release

Not new to stock photography, because i have more than 9000 online stock images of Plants in different websites. You don't have the problem of Property release or model release when you are concentrating on photographs of plants. Trying hands at photographs of buildings and persons, I find confused.

We have been given to understand that if you have photographs of a building or persons you need property and/or model release. I checked large number of photographs on Alamy by different authors covering buildings, places with persons around, which have no property or model release. There is rather onus on the user whether he/she needs a release. Can any member throw light on this.

I would also be interested to know clearly what determines choosing image as RF or RM 

Property and model releases are needed if you want to licence images with people or copyright material as RF.  Otherwise you can licence them as editorial RM.

There are also different rules in different countries as to whether it is against copyright to photograph buildings and art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama

Have you tried searching the Alamy forum for threads on model and property releases? You'll find lots of advice there.

Quite a bit in Alamy's guidelines too . . .

dd

Archived