Help Identifying Cars / Weird Vehicles

Hello Fellow Contributors

I would be very grateful for any help you could offer in identifying the cars / weird vehicles depicted in my images detailed below
For some very sad reason I am drawn to photographing vehicles I know nothing about!
Thank you in anticipation of your help

BFTJF5

CFFM3T - Crest had name "Wotsit" nearby ?? see CFFM4J or BXF60X

CP6PNK - IDENTIFIED NOW THANKS

CXWWGM - IDENTIFIED NOW THANKS

CY27DN - IDENTIFIED NOW THANKS

CY045B - IDENTIFIED NOW THANKS

CXYRCE - IDENTIFIED NOW THANKS

Thank you all so much indeed.

CP6PNK has a Magirus Deutz sign on the grille.

Deutz is a part of Cologne where the works were, so it may be close to it's birthplace here.

It has Dutch flags and a Dutch license plate btw.

wim

edit:

Magirus-Deutz S 3500 Diesel

First license: October 8 1952

It's probably one of those: http://tinyurl.com/l353vu3

The factory hasn't been in Cologne since 1936, so I was wrong about it's birthplace.

Hello Mr Wiskerke

I am very grateful indeed for your help - I am amazed how you knew all that information.

The driver of the vehicle showed me around it and was very proud to have his picture taken with it. I just never thought to ask him what it was.

He was on his way to tour Africa in it, leaving Holland and I photographed him in Germany

Thank you so much for your help

Chris

I just looked up his license for the second part. The first part shows my age I'm afraid. They were still all around when I was a kid, though in Amsterdam they only had the odd Magirus ladder: the rest was American. Mainly Dodge I believe. Boys go where the fire is ;-)

wim

• 2 weeks later...

Another mystery vehicle here, spotted recently in Rome:

D606EX  /  D606G8

Some sort of kit car perhaps? It has BMW badges on the front and back, but probably put there as a joke.

Anyone any ideas?

Rawdon

Another mystery vehicle here, spotted recently in Rome:

D606EX  /  D606G8

Some sort of kit car perhaps? It has BMW badges on the front and back, but probably put there as a joke.

Anyone any ideas?

Rawdon

No idea what that is, three wheelers based on mopeds are quite common in Italy, could be some sort of vespa, piaggio based thingy. Isetta  is connected to BMW so maybe a starting point

Archived