Newbie Question on file size

I just wanted to end this conversation with a little insight for anyone answering newbies questions.   Please give us a some leeway when you see a question asked where the answer is very obvious.  Perhaps we did not do enough research on our own in our rush to get 4 images together for the trial submission so we found ourselves here asking Alamy users for guidance.   The best bet in life is if you do not have anything helpful to say then just carry on.   Much better than ending up with a thread like this.   

To conclude, many of us may not be proficient (yet) at image management and the technicalities of this particular stock service but we can produce high quality photographs and will learn the process quickly I am sure.  With the occasional dumb question thrown in to help us over the apparent stumbling blocks.

I think I fall in that category as I definitely am not up to speed with Alamy's procedures but I am pleased to report that my initial submission of 4 images was accepted.

Cheers,

Monte

ComeauPhoto 

I think I fall in that category as I definitely am not up to speed with Alamy's procedures but I am pleased to report that my initial submission of 4 images was accepted.

A few people on the forum may be a bit tetchy, but most are helpful. We all have to start somewhere (and the regulars gave me a helping hand when I first struggled with QC). You've passed... now all you have to do is make some sales... :)

Congratulations on passing your first images. I guess you have realized that we are asked repeatedly about file size. I have to admit I have given up being helpful on that one but a couple of people are unfailingly patient. Now you are in and can be one of the patient ones. Good luck on sales.

Paulette

Archived