License question...

Hi everybody,

This license appears to be a new one on me and I wondered if many others had come across it:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Placement: Single Placement
Image Size: up to 1/2 screen
Start: 01 February 2015

End: 01 February (one year. Forum won't accept twenty sixteen in numbers)
In-Context Digital archival rights included in perpetuity. Right to syndicate the feature material in which the images appear via third party web properties when material is branded as per original use.

As I understand it, this is a rights-managed image that is pretty much being given away as royalty free. I can't see how assigning the 'right to syndicate the feature material' helps Alamy's cause in the long run. It certainly doesn't help the photographer. 

It appears that the buyer can archive the images and syndicate the article for ever, long after I've gone to the other side, all for $50 of which I'll probably see £20 ish.

It's not even worth getting the camera out for that...

Please tell me I've mis-understood it.

Have a good day!

Marc.

I had exactly the same sale show up yesterday and have had others like it in the past. I interpreted the terms the same way you did. However, I'm not sure what "when material is branded as per original use" might mean. Not sure what a "web property" is either -- a fancy name for a "website" perhaps (?).

Many Alamy sales are now hybrid RM/RF like this one, an inevitable development IMO. That said, granting the right to syndicate does seem to take things a step further. However, the terms do refer to the whole feature, not the images alone, which softens the blow somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 January 2015
End: 02 January 2015
One use in a single editorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Please exactly what it means:

Start: 01 January 2015
End: 02 January 2015

Use for one day?

I found a picture online today. 

Sorry for the question, I'm a newbie, and my English is not good. This is my first sale

Thank you 

Thank you for your answer, it was for the guardian.

The price was $ 16 (RM license)

If you have been bought for one day, it's fine, that even today is on website online since January 3, 2015?

I hope you understand. Is it OK?

thanks

Read the licence. It's in the paper and on the website. Quote:

One use in a single editorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Archived