I wonder if anyone can help here. I have a few shots which I have processed in such a way that they appear more like graphic illustrations. They have been reduced to uniform blocks of colour and shape. They are more illustrations than photographs in my view. My question is where would these stand with QC? The histogram doesn't reach the black or white points, there is no detail left (focus?) SoLD? Well the boundaries between the colours are sharp - they are produced digitally. As far as I can see there is no designated submission channel for illustrations. I want to submit them but do not want to fall foul of QC. I can't see how illustrations can fulfill the same criteria as photographs but what are these, and what will QC say? Anyone have experience? Thanks.

Stu.

I think if they've obviously been processed for an effect then QC will treat them favourably. It's if they look like badly processed photographs that QC might be concerned.

I'd still make sure the histogram reaches the black and white points.

I think with illustrations and vectors you have to have a large amount (250 I believe) and they are submitted via disk only. Although with the ftp upload now slowly going global, that may change. There are no posted guidelines that I can find

I would recommend you email member services and ask.

Jill

Thank you Jill. I emailed MS but they are not able to comment in detail before submission/QC. I wish there was some clearer guidance on submitting illustrations as I couldn't find any.

I have some solarized images I'm thinking of submitting. I think I will just do them by themselves and see what happens. I'd like to think they won't make us wait 28 days if it is clear that we are testing something new. They can just fail a batch without imposing the 28 day wait.

Paulette

Here is the link to the discussion where Alamy was soliciting for vectors. Seems you have to have 1000 and sent by hard drive only.

They did mention that for those with less the ability to upload would be soon, but it has been a year and a half and still not upload option for vectors. 

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/1026-do-you-produce-vectors/?hl=vectors

Couldn't find anything on illustrations and how to submit those as opposed to images. I still send any digitally altered images as photographs. I think to qualify as illustrationsthey have to look like drawn, painted, etc.

Jill

Archived