... not because I don´t like the new forum, but because of the lost wisdom! I know, my question was answered before, but I can´t remember the answers.

Here is my problem:

My post processing skills have improved quite a bit in the last months. I also calibrated my monitor. So, some of my images look much better now, than the versions a have online.

Is there a possibility to change the pictures, or should I upload the new versions, and delete the old?

Colin 

... not because I don´t like the new forum, but because of the lost wisdom! I know, my question was answered before, but I can´t remember the answers.

Here is my problem:

My post processing skills have improved quite a bit in the last months. I also calibrated my monitor. So, some of my images look much better now, than the versions a have online.

Is there a possibility to change the pictures, or should I upload the new versions, and delete the old?

Colin 

Me, too... 

If you make improvements of the same or similar images you just upload the improved ones and wait until they are approved and online. Then you e-mail support and ask them to delete the old ones (referring to the new image ids that should replace them). Then they delete them immediately effective from the next server update.

I can't make this philosophical decision for you but I can tell you my position. I deal with now and the future. I delete nothing. I sometimes add a different version of an image. I have few similars, so that's not a problem. Alamy's system gives six months for an image to be deleted. Yes, we can game the system, but Alamy has stated that they don't want us to do that—that an image might be sitting in a lightbox of some customer, and Alamy does not want us to fool with it.

If my images of yesterday are not perfect to my present level of PP and seeing, I still leave them on Alamy . . . they did pass QC after all. Hopefully, I learn from mistakes. But I move forward. I do what I'm going to do today, and I plan what I'm gonna do tomorrow. 

Good luck, Colin

Archived