Internet upload speeds

I need a simple internet service that has high upload speeds. Currently I use talk talk which manages about 800Mbs upload speed . It is cheap and reliable but  do others have higher speeds ...without going to fibre ?

I need a simple internet service that has high upload speeds. Currently I use talk talk which manages about 800Mbs upload speed . It is cheap and reliable but  do others have higher speeds ...without going to fibre ?

Surely you mean 800kbs? The fastest DOWLOAD speed I know of is 152Mbs on Virgin fibre. I suspect you won't get much better without going to fibre or 4G - a software developer colleagues gets 16-20Mbs on his phone and similar on the 4G wifi hub on his boat, his home. That is on a substantial EE data contract. I get arroun 8Mbs on my EE 4G phone and 12-15Mbs on my Virigin, BT fibre in my area is about the same.

Just for reference Virigin quote upload speeds of around 10% of max download speed - I suspect that will be about the norm/best? for non-fibre.

Surely you mean 800kbs? The fastest DOWLOAD speed I know of is 152Mbs on Virgin fibre. I suspect you won't get much better without going to fibre or 4G - a software developer colleagues gets 16-20Mbs on his phone and similar on the 4G wifi hub on his boat, his home. That is on a substantial EE data contract. I get arroun 8Mbs on my EE 4G phone and 12-15Mbs on my Virigin, BT fibre in my area is about the same.

Just for reference Virigin quote upload speeds of around 10% of max download speed - I suspect that will be about the norm/best? for non-fibre.

I currently use Virgin Media, the 152Mbs service. You get 12Mbs upload and that is rather nice..... extremely fast. Before that I was on 4Mbs upload and that was fairly good as well!

I rarely have any problems with VM internet so if it is an option, it's worth considering. They have good deals on the 30-60Mbs  service.

Archived