Unauthorized Use - Falling Through the Cracks

I had an interesting experience this last week. I randomly came across two of my images on a web site (large travel aggregator) that I don't have a record of selling. The images were posted in 2013 and remain online. I figured it was a lost cause since it was an international company. I was able to find a phone number for a media relations person in their New York office and shockingly someone answered the phone. They were very courteous and asked for my information. Within 15 minutes, I got a call from their director of photography. He explained that they have an ongoing relationship with Alamy and sometimes images can fall through the cracks. He offered me $200 for the retroactive use and also relicensed both images through Alamy for the original $29 license. Also, after reviewing my work, they have added me to their contributors list for future shoots. We'll see if that actually happens but pleased with the outcome though.

Archived