Kit lenses on very small cameras

I have the Sony LA-EA4 adapter coming which should allow the camera to control AF lenses (Minolta lenses for sure).  I figure with the adapter I can play around with various inexpensive Minolta lenses.  I can also use it with my NEX 6 which is why I'm keeping the NEX for now. 

The A7ii is the new model with IBIS (in-body image stabilization) which was the deciding factor behind my finally purchasing the A7.  If I can't find an inexpensive older zoom with good IQ then I can always wait a few months and go for the new Tamron 150-600mm zoom.  It's my understanding it will work well with the A7 and the adapter.

Wow! You must have mortgaged the farm. Sound like a great combo.

For Minolta MD/MC (or other makes) manual focus lenses, all you need is an inexpensive adapter like this one (assuming you don't have one already).

Ha! I'm trying to avoid that John and will be selling off some lenses and a camera to help pay for it. I picked up the Sony adapter used from B&H at a good discount. A decent zoom is the last component I have to find. The 100 macro and 50mm prime can wait a bit. I'm looking forward to a lighter kit in my bag.

Ha! I'm trying to avoid that John and will be selling off some lenses and a camera to help pay for it. I picked up the Sony adapter used from B&H at a good discount. A decent zoom is the last component I have to find. The 100 macro and 50mm prime can wait a bit. I'm looking forward to a lighter kit in my bag.

I guess you know that Minolta MD/MC manual focus lenses have a different mount than later AF lenses. Hence the need for another adapter. The LA-EA4 will only accommodate Minolta and A-mount AF lenses. I've run out of stuff to sell, so I won't be buying anything new for a while.

Archived