I'm wondering whether anybody is doing much composite work at the moment (ie two or more images combined to create a new image). I'm experimenting at the moment particularly with image within a word, but others as well. I am aware that this is not difficult for any designer to do, but I'm working on an assumption that many are busy people and if you can save a few minutes of their time to provide a readily finished image then there may be sales.

It's only an experiment at the moment as it does take some post processing time (for simple things an extra 5-10 minutes). But time is money in the commercial world, so some finished composite work may or may not be viable as stock. BTW, I'm retired, so time is cheap for me, but I do understand the considerations of those that make a living from this game

Any views or suggestions welcome.

Ken

Hello Ken, I am retired too but don't consider my time to be cheap, it is disappearing too fast.

:blink:

Allan

Hi Alan.

Sorry if I gave the indication that my time is cheap. I certainly don't think that. It's simply that I have the time to experiment, and in retirement I find that a refreshing change to my previous employment on the engineering and IT industry. I wanted to point out that those of us trying to earn a living in this game could understandingly be forgiven for not having the time to experiment. Nothing would make me happier than to find a niche that would assist those in that situation.

Ken

Hi Ken, 

I did make a composite image of an Old Gothic Stone Church window which I combined  with a view of clouds, taken from the window on a commercial airliner. So you look through the Gothic window at the cloudscape. But I considered this to  be an "Art Image",  and would not try to post in on Alamy!  It probably would not pass QC anyway! It  has been posted on some art sites like redbubble and Fine Art America.

I've not tried it apart from putting the occasional more "interesting" sky on some images. But I assume it sells as you do see plenty of shots in the UK papers that have obviously been manipulated, such as road signs with "inflation" on them and dark clouds behind. I keep meaning to try it as I too have spare time to play around. As with everything, just a question of finding the right subject!

Archived