Comparing My Views to Alamy Views

Over the past week I saw my views decline. The last couple of checks (Thursday and Friday) I only had 12 and 10 views.  I was wondering if this had anything to do with the re-rank so this morning I thought I would sit down and go over all the Alamy views for those 2 days and see which searches were applicable to me but didn't register any views for me.

I was surprised to find that there were only 8 searches that would apply to my images for which I didn't receive and views. A few where there were a few thousand choices and the rest where the searcher did not go past the first page.

So maybe coincidence that since the re-rank there have been very few searches relating to my portfolio. Has anyone else ever done this?

It was helpful to see if there were keyword searches that I hadn't thought of for my images. 

Jill

My Thursday and Friday views were horrendous (after a pretty dire week), more like a weekend, and with a mostly European portfolio I would not have expected Thanksgiving to have had much impact. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I have not done the All of Alamy check you have done though.

...so this morning I thought I would sit down and go over all the Alamy views for those 2 days and see which searches were applicable to me but didn't register any views for me.

Jill

How do you do this?

It sounds like very hard work. The only way I can think to do this would be to read every search term for those two days and then try to remember if I have an image that might fit. Much of the time I can't even remember place names so the finer details would be beyond me.

Oddly my views for Friday were rather large compared to normal. This is because someone it seems searched and viewed almost every picture on Alamy of two towns close to me. Unfortunately they didn't zoom either any of mine or anyone else's.

...so this morning I thought I would sit down and go over all the Alamy views for those 2 days and see which searches were applicable to me but didn't register any views for me.

Jill

How do you do this?

It sounds like very hard work. The only way I can think to do this would be to read every search term for those two days and then try to remember if I have an image that might fit. Much of the time I can't even remember place names so the finer details would be beyond me.

Oddly my views for Friday were rather large compared to normal. This is because someone it seems searched and viewed almost every picture on Alamy of two towns close to me. Unfortunately they didn't zoom either any of mine or anyone else's.

I sorted by views, so that the single views of specific images would all be at the end. By the time I got to page 50, I was basically down to single page views,

It's not hard to notice a search term that would apply to your images. Just instinctive when you see it.

Jill

Over the past week I saw my views decline. The last couple of checks (Thursday and Friday) I only had 12 and 10 views.  I was wondering if this had anything to do with the re-rank so this morning I thought I would sit down and go over all the Alamy views for those 2 days and see which searches were applicable to me but didn't register any views for me.

Thursday and Friday were part of our long Thanksgiving holiday here in the US. Some people took off a day or two early because of foul weather predictions in the northeast. Not sure how much impact a major US holiday has on Alamy views but it's one possibility.

fD

Hi Jill, with such a relatively small portfolio over a relatively short period I would think that it is difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions. We all suffer peaks and troughs so don't lose heart.

.dov

I never lose heart. Was just curious. My overall click through rate is standing at .92. Today I just had 7 views, but didn't bother to go over all the Alamy views to compare those. A lot of searches right now are based on Christmas, and I have very very few that could be related for that search.

I run two other businesses besides the photography (which is still in the hobby stages until I have more time and money) and they occupy most of my time. Over the winter I will probably only add a couple of hundred more until spring arrives.

Jill

Archived