Pick-up truck ID would be appreciated

I wonder if anyone could ID this truck? The shot was taken in California.

Vintage-car-Jamestown-Southern-Gold-Coun

The badge on the side of the hood is a large "V" with "Ford" and "85" on it. My best guess is a Ford 1937 Half-ton pick-up - but I'm not a classic car buff!

Thanks in advance

Ian D

Yes but letting it do the rounds on the forum is more fun that a transatlantic phone call. And cheaper.. We get to show off our research.

The other day a chap posted for the make of a car and ended up with the address and name of a local landmark as well.

Can't see number but if you give it to me can call US for free.

EDIT: Worked out number and tried phoning but answering machine. Thought asking them to call me back in Japan might be a bit pushy!

Thanks very much, Mike - above and beyond the call of duty!

I did look at their website to see if there was anything there but, unfortunately, there wasn't. Ultimately, it's not really worth spending too much time on - I just thought someone here might happen to recognise it. It's not the sort of shot I expect to sell but, having processed it, I do like to caption correctly when I can. 

Ian D

Its a 1937 Ford.  Here is a link to the companies website with a photo of the truck.  Here is a link to a google search for 1937 Ford truck.  1937 wasn't one of Fords better years for styling some of the other years in the 30's are more attractive and often customized.  Of course only the front ends and grill changed much from year to year.  Try a Google search for the other years if interested.

Archived