Fairly new here, I have about 20 accepted images on sale.

When I manage the shots I set Editorial on several but when I recheck them again after final acceptance, in Manage Images I do not see Editorial set? There are no restrictions shown at all.

Thanks for any help.

No problem. Others might have additional advice about this. Most  agencies that I've dealt with let their clients decide whether or not an image is suitable for non-editorial use. Setting all the restrictions that Alamy requires has always seemed like overkill to me, but no doubt the system works.

Yes after FAA and another library I use I do find some of the submission side of Alamy confusing and complicated. From the numerous web posts on the subject I do not think I am the only one a little confused by the restrictions menu.

I do admit that Alamy does go to some trouble to explain things and Member Services are friendly and helpful.

• 2 months later...

I'm new too since jan 1 and also have thought about this. I put restrictions on all my images with no property release since I read http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/image-restrictions.asp, but i see a lot of people don't regarding images of buildings for example. Do you mean I don't have to and it's sufficient to just answer that you don't have a release, despite what Alamy says?

In my early days on Alamy, (in about 2006) I had been setting a number of restrictions on images, and someone from Alamy contacted me to ask why I had set these.

After some discussion, I removed all restrictions and have never set any since.   I think restrictions could be needed if images had been shot for a client and they did not want them to be used, for example, in certain territories.

Like John, if I have people or identifiable property in an image I just indicate that releases are needed and that I do not have any.

Archived