Hi Folks,

I'm not sure how to add a photo but (if you can be bothered) please have a look at the

orange station wagon (ambulance) in this photo.

E9PGFW

Does anyone know what make of car it is?  Photo taken 1977 in Gardiner Oregon

on the aforementioned Highway 101 hitchhiking trip.  I only knew if was Gardiner because of

the sign on the grocery store.

Thank you,

Kathy deWitt

Kathy,

It looks remarkably like the Ghostbusters ambulance, which is a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor.

As an aside, I travelled down the 101 in Oregon in the summer of 1977 - but driving!

Ian D

Oh, I think you are right Ian.  

There is a similar one on google images called a CSV16 1960 Miller Meteor Cadillac Guardian Ambulance.

A couple of months later and you could have given us a lift!  (It was after tree planting in BC).

Many thanks,

Kathy

I think it is a 1961 model year.  The reason being is that the 1961 model had a larger fin at the bottom of the rear fender and the taillight housing was slightly smaller.  I suggest using Google to bring up images of those model years and compare them to your own.  Its very hard to tell from your photo without being able to enlarge it a bit more.

I think it is a 1961 model year.  The reason being is that the 1961 model had a larger fin at the bottom of the rear fender and the taillight housing was slightly smaller.  I suggest using Google to bring up images of those model years and compare them to your own.  Its very hard to tell from your photo without being able to enlarge it a bit more.

Yeah, think you're right, 61 not a 60.

Only in a America!

This reminds me of some local history. Back when most U.S. fire departments were transitioning away from Cadillac ambulances to the modern "box" style, Chicago's Fire Commissioner Robert Quinn resisted, saying, "People want to go out in style." Not a joke, he really did.

Archived