Model release form photo

To the OP: That of course is a property release.

To Geoff: Just quickly reading down your link's model release I'm reminded of a thought I've had for many decades -- who in their right mind would sing such a document? I'm surprised they don't include a clause about a photographer being able to cook and eat the model's children. Of course people don't often read things they sign.  :unsure:

To Geoff: Just quickly reading down your link's model release I'm reminded of a thought I've had for many decades -- who in their right mind would sing such a document? I'm surprised they don't include a clause about a photographer being able to cook and eat the model's children. Of course people don't often read things they sign.  :unsure:

I think Betty La Rue must have one of these ;)  :D

Underneath the legalese it's just a transfer of rights to use their likeness......I always explain what it does and how I will use it (via third parties). Only query/issue I have had was one model who didn't like the ethnicity labelling....I then pointed out that was a fundamental part of why I was shooting for a primarily non-caucasian agency...problem solved. Example of why it's always, for me, sign first...shoot later. 

To Ed Rooney - http://www.alamy.com/contributors/Alamy-stock-photography-model-release-form.pdf

The reason why i ask is because the model release form says 'affix property photo here'. Now of course i know it should be a photograph of the model, but saying 'property' has made me think, should i affix a reference photo of the actual image on sale or just a headshot of the model?

The reason why i ask is because the model release form says 'affix property photo here'. Now of course i know it should be a photograph of the model, but saying 'property' has made me think, should i affix a reference photo of the actual image on sale or just a headshot of the model?

I use the actual image shot if it shows the model's head, if it shows a body part I will affix both the image and a headshot. If it's a paper release they have signed and you are doing it in a foreign country (with suitable release) or is someone who isn't a regular model, I would take an image of them holding the release and use that.

For example the release for this image has a picture of the actual image plus it has a shot of the actual model who signed the release. The release has been accepted at G/C etc so it's a common way to do this.

Senior-Caucasian-man-stacking-pills-in-p

I use the actual image shot if it shows the model's head, if it shows a body part I will affix both the image and a headshot. If it's a paper release they have signed and you are doing it in a foreign country (with suitable release) or is someone who isn't a regular model, I would take an image of them holding the release and use that.

For example the release for this image has a picture of the actual image plus it has a shot of the actual model who signed the release. The release has been accepted at G/C etc so it's a common way to do this.

Senior-Caucasian-man-stacking-pills-in-p

That makes sense, thanks for the help Geoff.

• 1 year later...

Geoff Kidd,

Does this mean that for each and every image you upload you have a separate and unique MRF? With a standard pic of the models face/headshot and one of the picture to be uploaded?

I'm just about to do my first MRF and don't know the ropes yet. 

Is it possible to streamline this process for similar batches? Seems that if you answer 'yes' to the above then for me to use just one MRF for a batch of shots that use the same model but differing pics might be bad form?

Thanks in advance.

Archived