Apple pulls iOS update after widespread reports of disabled phones

So glad I decided to stick with iOS 7. I'll wait for all the dust settles before I even think about updating again. Thanks!

I held off as well.My phone is generations older too so it could be a memory hog. I don't even think I have enough space to upgrade until I start deleting recordings and photos.

L

When they get it sorted out, I'd advise upgrading via iTunes, as long as you don't have a 4s.  I've upgraded a 5 and have a 6 on 8.0.0 with no problems.  I've not heard good things about upgrading a 4s.

The advantage of using iTunes is that it doesn't matter how full your phone is.

When they get it sorted out, I'd advise upgrading via iTunes, as long as you don't have a 4s.  I've upgraded a 5 and have a 6 on 8.0.0 with no problems.  I've not heard good things about upgrading a 4s.

The advantage of using iTunes is that it doesn't matter how full your phone is.

I've been unable to update in the past if my phone is too full I have an antique iPhone 4!

I may buy the 6 in the spring. Not a power user...

L

I've been unable to update in the past if my phone is too full I have an antique iPhone 4!

I may buy the 6 in the spring. Not a power user...

L

Just don't sit on it or try to charge it in the microwave. ;)

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29331349

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/24/no-you-cant-charge-your-iphone-6-in-the-microwave/

I updated my iPhone 5c yesterday, mainly because I wanted the option of Wifi calling, which T-Mobile hadn't yet activated before.  It seems to work fine, but I keep getting annoying pop-ups asking me to use iCloud which I don't have any need for.  I am not sure how to disable it without deleting my photos at this point, it seems to be saying it would do that.

I updated my iPhone 5c yesterday, mainly because I wanted the option of Wifi calling, which T-Mobile hadn't yet activated before.  It seems to work fine, but I keep getting annoying pop-ups asking me to use iCloud which I don't have any need for.  I am not sure how to disable it without deleting my photos at this point, it seems to be saying it would do that.

Rosemary,

Go into iTunes and click on your phone once it's plugged in.You will see an option of where you want to back up your phone.You get a choice of your computer or iCloud.

L

I downloaded iOS8 but not the update. I have no idea what Apple are playing at these days. They are just not the same company they used to be. Quality control on the hardware and software side has gone to pot. Just search #bendgate on twitter to see why and this now pulled update has me wondering. 

Since the iOS8 update my phone has been rubbish. Battery life was awful until I had to turn off location services for every app. App devs have been slow at best to release new versions of their software. Youtube is just pointless on it now because half the control bar is in the notification area lol. Most of the apps are just all jumpy. Not impressed at all. 

I don't think I'll be upgrading to the iPhone6. The iPhone 5S seems enough for what is needed for now :) 

Archived