I thought words in location was no longer being used in searches because locations of studios etc was coming up. Today I had a search for Kingston Upon Thames and I had one come up that were rowers on the river thames with no mention of Kingston other than the location in the keywords. I never mentioned Kingston in keywords because it was a generic photo and to avoid this happening

I wonder whether its a glitch or alamy have changed their policy again

Kevin

In that case I'm stumped. I'm guessing the image you refer to is  BE2MAR  which does have the word Thames in the keywords and caption, but not Kingston upon... I suppose it's possible that something about the way the search was phrased may have shown it up based on 'Thames', but that is pure guesswork. I can see that you have quite a few rowers which are keyworded with 'Kingston upon Thanes', but I assume these were correctly found in the same search which turned up the rogue image. Maybe someone else can shed some light?

This pic is part of a collection of 70 images. If someone did a search for Kingston Upon Thames, then called up your collection of those specific photos, then that photo will show and they probably zoomed it from there, not in their original search. Although they don't have to zoom it for it to come up in your My Alamy.

Jill

Archived