I work in more than one site but my Mac Book Pro 13 in is not the best for checking images out so I'm thinking seriously of an external display but what to chose ? At Base I have an iMac 27 which I find perfect for me but....

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

I work in more than one site but my Mac Book Pro 13 in is not the best for checking images out so I'm thinking seriously of an external display but what to chose ? At Base I have an iMac 27 which I find perfect for me but....

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

What's your budget?

Imac displays are ok for general stock but for colour critical work you'll need to invest in a much better monitor with larger gamut - NEC Spectraview/Eizo ColorEdge or for a smaller budget, the Dell Ultrasharps are pretty good.

Thanks for the replies. I use a calibrated iMac27 at base. My budget.... well i can't say I do colour critical work so would prefer something less than £1000. It may be it would be better to buy a second iMac for my purposes.

One thing i've noticed when keywording - "how many people" etc in attributes /i have to have the original on screen and not rely on the the Alamy thumbnail. often the Powerbook screedn size not quite up to it. i will look at your budget options geoff and thanks.

Some Dell monitors have the same panels as some iMacs. Only without the high gloss window glass.

My Dell 3-4 yr old 2410s are the same as the iMac's 24 inch models of 3 yrs ago. The Dell 2711 the same for the 27 inch. You could unscrew them to look for the serial # or do a search on line. ;-)

For critical photo editing you have to get the brightness down, especially on the iMacs, but also quite a bit on the Dells.

It's not a very portable solution though.

wim

Thanks Wim

It doesn't have to portable - just installed at the second site. I like the sound of the Dell [ and the picture too...] so will have look.

One of my early PCs was a Dell 200 [ PC AT copy -it was v good ]!

Best Wishes

John

Archived