How Does Alamy "group" images ?

im just going through my images to upload, and was about to upload ones from a shoot, of all images that were related.

but then realised on a different disk i had others that were similar.

if i had uploaded them in seperate batches would the "xx more" link on the thumbnail still have worked?

how does alamy group the images, is it by uploaded at the same time, and relevant keywords or is it by other means?

im principally a motorsport shooter, so obviously i would like all images of either a specifc car (with multiple views around it), or specific race to be available for buyers to see by clicking the "xx more" link, and wondering how the search produces this.

thanks

The link just picks up any images with that search term for a particular pseudonym. So if the search term was red car and you had 20 images of a red car under the same pseudo then the link would show them. It doesn't matter when they were uploaded.

Pearl

The link just picks up any images with that search term for a particular pseudonym. So if the search term was red car and you had 20 images of a red car under the same pseudo then the link would show them. It doesn't matter when they were uploaded.

Pearl

thanks! thats good to know.

Unless the buyer was searching your pseudo specifically then the search would include red cars from all subscribers pseudos.

Allan

thanks guys.

i have had someone it would seem find my "more" images from a search (all relevant to the search terms, just different generations of a car model), and got 7 zooms, after reading a topic about zoom to sale ratio, hopefully these will result in a sale!

Archived