A search over the weekend revealed something that I did not realise about PRs.  The searcher had ticked MRs and PRs. Now with MRs images that are marked as not needing an MR will still come up so I had assumed the same was true for PRs.  However my search results would suggest otherwise.  So if the searcher has ticked PR then only images which actually have a PR come up and those which are marked as not needing a PR are not shown.

This means that a lot of my images which would otherwise have satisfied the search results did not appear as there was no PR because there was no property needing a PR.  It seems a bit ridiculous that Alamy has set different results for MRs and PRs.

Perhaps everyone else was aware of this except me.

Pearl

Well I certainly hadn't realised.

This means that I have a picture of a cauliflower (with no releases required) which appears in searches with a model release but not in those with a property release!

Steve

I suppose you could always rely on the intelligence of the customer not to bother searching for a property release when searching for subjects that are not likely to include release-requiring property.

Alan

Archived