Hello, I'm Mike.

I have a number of  .JPGs I'd like to use for my initial upload, but they fall well foul of the requirements on sharpening.

If I track down the original .RAW to rework the images, will the in-camera sharpening have done the dirty deed to the extent that they are also affected?

It's my understanding that .RAWs have bipassed the process, therefore this will be possible...

Advice gratefully received.

Hi Mike,

Working from the original RAWS should be OK, they do not usually have any in-camera sharpening.

But you could also just make some new images, don't forget that the actual content of the image does not have to be striking or artistic, it just has to demonstrate your ability to meet the technical standards required

Good luck!

Hello, I'm Mike.

I have a number of  .JPGs I'd like to use for my initial upload, but they fall well foul of the requirements on sharpening.

If I track down the original .RAW to rework the images, will the in-camera sharpening have done the dirty deed to the extent that they are also affected?

It's my understanding that .RAWs have bipassed the process, therefore this will be possible...

Advice gratefully received.

It's possible the RAW files could rescue your foul JPGs. If you still have any doubts after re-visiting your RAW files then for your initial upload shoot some new material using a tripod to get pin sharp images .

Sending Foul images into Alamy QC will get you a yellow card,then a red card and eventually a 28 day suspension.

Regards

Craig

Some older images suffer from SoLD (soft or lacking definition) - this is one great culprit for failing at Alamy.

If the images are old and interesting you may consider the archival upload route later on....

Archived