Lightroom 5 gotcha

I recently upgraded from LR3 to 5 but when I started looking at my latest batch at 100% before submitting to Alamy, I discovered a little gotcha. The Enable Lens Profile option used to set all the lens corrections including chromatic aberration, but in LR5 there is a separate tab for CA and this is not ticked by default when the lens profile is enabled. So I had to go back to square one and re-process the lot.

I thought maybe ticking the CA removal option and then selecting the Setup->Save Lens Profile Defaults option on the Profile menu would then have the CA option ticked for future images but this doesn't seem to be the case. Does anyone know how to have the CA option on automatically whenever the lens profile is enabled?

Alan

Set it up as an import preset, then all images automatically get done.

Ah yes, that should do it. It's been so many years since I set up my LR presets that I'd forgotten about import presets. Many thanks.

Alan

Set it up as an import preset, then all images automatically get done.

Ah yes, that should do it. It's been so many years since I set up my LR presets that I'd forgotten about import presets. Many thanks.

Alan

De nada! 

If you're going to apply it to all of your images anyway, set it as a camera default and you don't even have to choose an import preset. It will be done automatically on ingestion.

If you want to do it on selected images only though, then Phil's solution is the way to go.

Archived