Should I have marked some images editorial

Hi all.

I have been  a member on alamy for some time but only recently started adding images here so I have much to learn. I have found this forum a great help in that regard so thank you to all that have taken time out to help others it is most appreciated. I have just realized that I may have made a mistake with my rights managed images, should I have made them editorial usage in the restrictions drop down menu or is that necessary seeing as I have added that there is no model or property release in the attributes section. I would be most grateful for any critique of my images/key-wording etc also if anyone would be so kind, I have many more images to add and it would be great to find out from the more experienced where I could improve. Please be a honest as is necessary it is the only way for me to learn.

Kind Regards Jim Clarke

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum.

Alamy automatically puts your photos in Rights Managed if their are no releases for people or property. It won't let you select Royalty Free. So you are fine there. 

Keywording is a skill that takes time. I looked at a few and they seemed okay. 

Good luck,

Jill

Thank you for your quick reply Jill I am most grateful to you. That has helped to put my mind at rest I thought that I would need to go back and add editorial use only to all my RM images

Kind Regards Jim

I see you have started to put the latin names of wild animals in the caption. That is always a good idea. You haven't put commas or parenthesis around some of them and I find that makes the captions difficult to read. Also, it helps to add the plurals. An amazing number of people search for "lions" when they might only need one lion. Just a couple of things I noticed. Good luck.

Paulette

Thank you so much Paulette that is so helpful I will make some amendments as soon as I am able I am most grateful to you.

Kind Regards

Jim

Archived