Over time I've noticed a good portion of my images - at least the ones I'm able to locate - run either without a photo credit or are credited only to Alamy, even when photos from other sources are fully credited. I've also noticed that Alamy Live News, Zuma, and a number of individual Alamy photographers include the photo credit in the caption area.

Does anyone know if including the credit in the caption area increases the likelihood that the client will fully credit Alamy images?

My understanding is that the credits are picked up from the metadata.

Question - does Alamy promote the inclusion of the photographer or just their name in the credits.

With regard to the caption this would not normally be shown when publishing/using an image.

dov

Question - does Alamy promote the inclusion of the photographer or just their name in the credits.

Within the metadata we always include © pseudonym / alamy

We always advise buyers to credit correctly but final layout is down to them which is why you see differences. 

My understanding is that the credits are picked up from the metadata.

With regard to the caption this would not normally be shown when publishing/using an image.

dov

When I worked for newspapers back in the last century, they used either Quark or PageMaker, which only seemed to be able pull info from the captions. I have no idea if this has changed since.

Archived