I'm not exactly sure what this gadget is, but I thought it might be of interest to those using legacy lenses on their NEX's and Fuji's (?).

As the ad proclaims, "Everyone can taste the full frame now!" Yum yum, can't wait.

http://mxcamera.com/mitakon/en/lensturboII.html

Update: There is a review of the Lens Turbo I (I guess) in PC Mag:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420102,00.asp

Thanks for this John, but I don't think I will be buying one any time soon.

The linked review is less than enthusiastic, and reflects what you might expect, a lowering of IQ due to the use of an additional set of optics between sensor and lens.

I can see that it would be useful to have a 28 mm FF lens perform as a 28 on the crop camera, but I can't help but feel that the money would be better spent on a Sigma 19mm - which will give much the same result but with less distortion and better IQ.

I've used a similar turbo booster. It was good enough for Alamy converting 28mm, 50mm and 200mm Rokkor lenses on to 16 megapixel APS-C - and actually very sharp. But it was pointless really as if you try to use the super-fast aperture thing (turning an f/1.4 into an f/1.0) the outer field is CA-ridden and unsharp. All the things is does well could be done better with a dedicated lens - such as, 200mm x0.7 = 135mm lens, well, a vintage 135mm lens used directly simply was better!

Yes, I would rather put the money towards a lens than buy one of these gizmos. However, the 1.5X focal length factor limits the use of many vintage lenses. I can see that if someone had a big collection of old lenses, one of these things might come in handy. I've sold most of my manual focus stuff.

Archived