Help>Just signed up for Adobe Cloud-can't access Photoshop actions or plug ins

I just signed up for Adobe Cloud-can't access Photoshop actions or plugins that I had in Photoshop CS 6.

When I try and open my regular Photoshop CS6 I crash at opening.

So how and where do I install my old actions and plug ins I've spent thousands of dollars on?

Not loving this cloud thing.

Then again,only used it for 12 minutes. :rolleyes:

OK,I just got it.They were not importing correctly.I think I have it.Will eventually discover what it did not import.

L

By the way, if you upload onto the adobe cloud thing adobe has the right to use it for adverts and stuff. I saw it in one of their T&C's when I joined.

Well that's not cool. If I am working on client photos for the client and do not have a release for me to even use privately to show other clients....and Adobe expects to use them for free? Wow,I see a lot of potential lawsuits to photogs from clients.Especially those that do a job and have to sign an NDA.

L

A number of plugins need to be installed in CC via the separate Extensions Manager which you can get from Adode. ALCE being one example.

Actions are usually fine but plugins vary. CS6 should be fine after CC is downloaded - mine opens as normal (I still have some CA6 scripts that have not been updated for CC).

Never used the CC cloud and never would.

Some of my favorite and most used actions are no longer working.They work but the results are horrid.

Like on actions for face retouching,instead of a beautiful smooth look what I am getting is akin to looking like a strange skin disease.

I did download the extension,thanks for the heads up on that. I'm just not sure I like Adobe CC and probably bought into the fer of OMG what if my CS 6 suddenly stops working!

Thx!
L

Hang in there, Linda.  Although I didn't have any actions, I did have some plug-in trouble.  I got it all sorted out.  I did have to upgrade one, I think.  I like the CC fine.  Maybe by the time your month is up, you'll know whether the CC is a keeper or not.

On a related note,  the CC downloaded to my laptop fine. But it arrived with a missing file on my iMac. This was all during a very busy time for me, so I continued using my own copy of PS6 until I could carve out time to hang on the phone.

I finally called Adobe, and got someone with a strong accent.  I'm sorry, but my brain just has problems with heavy accents.  I heard we are only to ask for an English speaking person, so I did.  I was told there was no one.

I told the guy that I would be saying, huh? Pardon?  I don't understand...a lot.  And so it went, with me causing him to repeat himself over and over while we were trying to get a new install.

Finally, very slowly, he asked me to type in a string in the search bar.  I got it, typed it, and guess what.  He took over my computer.  Now, if he had asked to do so, I probably would have said yes, because of the language barrier.  But he didn't ask, he just did.  I didn't know what I typed in would give him remote conrol.

As we waited for the download to finish, he asked what I used Photoshop for. I told him I did stock work, and Fine Art America work.  He asked if he could see some of my work. I opened one folder that had a few images in it, and he exclaimed over them.  Then, on his own, he began opening folders on his own on my desktop and sifting through my images, enlarging them.

I was very uncomfortable with this, but at that point, I was desperate to get the download installed, so I didn't say anything.  When Adobe sent me the usual survey about my experience, I really let it all hang out.

Betty

Hang in there, Linda.  Although I didn't have any actions, I did have some plug-in trouble.  I got it all sorted out.  I did have to upgrade one, I think.  I like the CC fine.  Maybe by the time your month is up, you'll know whether the CC is a keeper or not.

On a related note,  the CC downloaded to my laptop fine. But it arrived with a missing file on my iMac. This was all during a very busy time for me, so I continued using my own copy of PS6 until I could carve out time to hang on the phone.

I finally called Adobe, and got someone with a strong accent.  I'm sorry, but my brain just has problems with heavy accents.  I heard we are only to ask for an English speaking person, so I did.  I was told there was no one.

I told the guy that I would be saying, huh? Pardon?  I don't understand...a lot.  And so it went, with me causing him to repeat himself over and over while we were trying to get a new install.

Finally, very slowly, he asked me to type in a string in the search bar.  I got it, typed it, and guess what.  He took over my computer.  Now, if he had asked to do so, I probably would have said yes, because of the language barrier.  But he didn't ask, he just did.  I didn't know what I typed in would give him remote conrol.

As we waited for the download to finish, he asked what I used Photoshop for. I told him I did stock work, and Fine Art America work.  He asked if he could see some of my work. I opened one folder that had a few images in it, and he exclaimed over them.  Then, on his own, he began opening folders on his own on my desktop and sifting through my images, enlarging them.

I was very uncomfortable with this, but at that point, I was desperate to get the download installed, so I didn't say anything.  When Adobe sent me the usual survey about my experience, I really let it all hang out.

Betty

Wow Betty,Thanks for that! I'd freak if a company started sifting thru my folders. It scares me that they can take over your computer.  L

Archived