Submitting High ISO images?

Just had a couple of batches of ISO 12800 aurora borealis images passed and now on sale ! Canon 6d is amazing. Looked very, very carefully at every single image at 100% before submitting....

I'm a little cautious and keep to a max of ISO 800.  As others have said, chroma noise only then seems to be a problem if an image is severely under-exposed. Those mistakes then go in the bin.

Canon 7D: I have had blue sky day pics rejected for noise at ISO 800 (trying to stop moving objects in an otherwise landscape scene). I've had other cases where ISO 800 seemingly passed. I have done some mild denoise on ISO 800 images and passed.  I think Alamy has gotten just a bit more sensitive to the noise in the past couple of years and ISO 800 is now rolling the dice for me.

I just had some images accepted that were shot at ISO 1600 on a Sony RX100. I shot in RAW, processed in Lightroom, very carefully used the noise reduction features, and then exported the images as JPEGs at just above the minimum acceptable size (3600 x 2400). They looked OK to me, but I'd prefer to be not quite so close to the edge of what I think is acceptable!

e.g. Firefighters at Grand Central Terminus, New York City DY1Y9R 

Archived