watch out for Hm revenue and customs scam email..

Beware.....I am not sure if you know about or have already had this scam email..

It looks to be coming from the tax man saying that you are due tax refund and is asking for bank details for the refund....it start off saying dear sir/madam which I cant imagine the taxman saying when addressing to a particular person.

I running norton to see if anything was attached to the email.. hope not...

Funny thing is it come to a email address of mine that only half a dozen people know...five of them I trust and the other one was Adobe.........

I had several too; plus warnings about overdue invoices from HMRC. As far as I know HMRC do not use emails for such purposes.

Also from banks (don't use email), couriers etc I have never dealt with and messages about Skype Voicemail messages from a Gmail account (dumb spammer)!

One needs to be very watchful. If in doubt don't open it is my approach. I have frequently updated anti-virus and spam checkers and I still scan frequently for malware, adware, spyware and viruses etc.

I had two of those Steve but they came on the address I only use for photography stuff and not the one I use for tax stuff and so got deleted unopened.

I'm paranoid enough with QC without dodgy mail at the moment; actually taking a break from supplying Alamy as other outlets are outperforming it and it's got on the low earner list at Microstock Diaries so I'm not alone. 

Archived