Removing website metadata

IDP

I've just read this recent blog about contact details being removed from metadata (referenced in the twitter feed) http://www.alamy.com/Blog/contributor/archive/2014/01/27/5572.aspx

I trust that the automated system can differentiate between a contributor's website or email address and a url which is relevant to the image?

I'm concerned that any automation will cause havoc by removing perfectly valid captions and keywords. For example, a shot of an iPad with the caption "Apple iPad displaying match.com website", and the keywords match.com., could fall foul of any automated culling.

There must be many valid website references in metadata - possibly more than those that break the terms and conditions? Some reassurance would be appreciated.

Ian D

Why don't you write to MS and ask the question.

Writing to MS and bringing the potential problem to the attention of other contributors aren't mutually exclusive!

Ian D

Just heard back from MS and they've clarified the situation.

Apparently, although the search for contact details, phone numbers, websites etc is automated, the actual deleting of data is done manually - and they won't touch anything which is clearly descriptive of the image.

Panic over!!

Ian D

there are a number of contributors whose pseudonyms are URLs...be interesting to see how that's dealt with...

km

Mine used to be - and James phoned me in person to ask me to change it! That was a long time ago (and he was phoning about something else, but still..)

Archived