'Export' from LR

I need to interpolate a few hundred images from approx 36mb to 50mb (from DNG to JPEG).

When I tried one image in LR by using 'Export', it seemed OK in terms of the file size increase. 

But my question is when you 'Export' a file to a bigger size in LR this way, does LR use the same method as

PS Bicubic Automatic or Smoother?

I would like it to be least labour intensive.  All the images I want to interpolate are in DNG format. 

I suppose I can use Action, Batch Processing and/or Droplet, etc, but it seems a lot more complicated

than changing a few settings in Export in LR.

Advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks

According to Martin Evening's Lightroom 4 book, Lightroom 4 uses an adaptive sampling approach which combines the Bicubic and Bicubic Smoother algorithms when upsizing (P413). An alternative would be to do it as a batch action in Photoshop using Bicubic Smoother. I doubt you would see any difference in any case. Probably best to do it on a few images and see if you see any difference.

not sure which PS you're using, but  assume you're aware of:

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html

. . . scroll down to Dr Brown's Services 2.3.1 . . . it includes Image Processor Pro, which is just what you need to totally simplify, with a huge range of selective options, such batch processing as above.

dd

If you have CC then use it for interpolating rather than LR. It has a new edge preserving algorithm thingy which does give superior results over previous versions or LR.

The differences for most uses (stock for example) would not be of any consequence.

not sure which PS you're using, but  assume you're aware of:

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html

. . . scroll down to Dr Brown's Services 2.3.1 . . . it includes Image Processor Pro, which is just what you need to totally simplify, with a huge range of selective options, such batch processing as above.

dd

Thanks for the link, dusty dingo.

I use CS6. I will be watching the video now….

If you have CC then use it for interpolating rather than LR. It has a new edge preserving algorithm thingy which does give superior results over previous versions or LR.

The differences for most uses (stock for example) would not be of any consequence.

Thanks Geoff, I was thinking about using LR purely for the convenience...

Archived