Buy a Print

geogphotos

Question

19 answers to this question

https://prints.alamy.com/  ?

But the images that are "available" via this URL seem to be very, very limited.. e.g. Only 42 with "London" in caption or tag.

A couple of weeks ago I was seeing the "Buy print" button on some of my images when not logged in, but Im not seeing it now.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

I've never seen it when logged in. It's still there below the zoom if I open a Private Window in Firefox. This page also has the new simplified Standard and Enhanced pricing

If you go to 'Buy the print' then the print options page has the sales@mediastorehouse email for assistance. This seems to apply for any image, incuding Editorial. It seems I can go through the process and 'Buy the print' but it looks as if I need to register with Media Storehouse, "Account details for this store is separate to other Alamy web sites" (surely that should be 'are separate'?). As with Mark, getting to see this screen used to be simpler, I just needed to log out.

Edited by Harry Harrison

This is news to me. 

Although the email they sent out this morning implies major features will fully integrated after the new year. 

36 minutes ago, kimba said:

Although the email they sent out this morning implies major features will fully integrated after the new year. 

Sorry, was this the 'Stockimo' email? People can buy prints right now, if you log out you should see the option. Unclear how it really works though as I haven't gone through and actually bought one though I believe some have had commission from prints already. There seems to be a 'Catch 22', you have to be unregistered to see the option but part of the print buying process invites you to register first, though you don't have to.

Do you know what major features they were referring to? Surely this isn't going to drag on for another 3 months (!).

Harry; 

... In 2025 we're looking to have the whole contributor experience fully optimised for all devices including mobile. ...

I probably took a big leap in what I read into that sentence. 

2 minutes ago, kimba said:

I probably took a big leap in what I read into that sentence. 

Thanks, I see. I seem to remember that at the beginning of this year there was talk of a new AIM, maybe that does mean a phone app as well then.

2 minutes ago, kimba said:

I have a "Purchase Prints" option on my own web site, which I'm just now starting to promote. 

Well if you have missed the discussion on the new 'Buy the print' option you may well be affected if the Media Storehouse prices undercut your prices, and they undoubtedly will especially as the commission that the contributor gets is likely to be a fraction of what they charge for the print.

11 hours ago, kimba said:

I have a "Purchase Prints" option on my own web site, which I'm just now starting to promote. 

Correcting myself, it's not as simple as just signing out of Alamy, I have to be signed out of Alamy but I still have to create a Private Window and then both the new Team & Individual licences together with the "Buy the print" option  are visible. Pretty sure others are reporting sales from these new Team and Individual licences.

So in the wider world does this mean that these options are only available to buyers coming to Alamy for the first time, who have not registered?

Edited by Harry Harrison

For the avoidance of any doubt I stopped of in the local Apple Store and had a look at the Alamy site in Safari on the latest Imac, I wasn't logged in obviously. I just looked at one of my own images, not editorial, and can confirm that I saw the same screen that I do currently in a Private Window in Firefox, so there are the Team and Individual licences to the right and the "Buy the print" option at the bottom left of the main image. So these must be the options available to new unregistered users, as well as the invisible search restrictions of course.

28 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

For the avoidance of any doubt I stopped of in the local Apple Store and had a look at the Alamy site in Safari on the latest Imac, I wasn't logged in obviously. I just looked at one of my own images, not editorial, and can confirm that I saw the same screen that I do currently in a Private Window in Firefox, so there are the Team and Individual licences to the right and the "Buy the print" option at the bottom left of the main image. So these must be the options available to new unregistered users, as well as the invisible search restrictions of course.

I wonder what happens when a newcomers decides to register and then wants to buy a print.

I assume that Alamy knows what it is doing but I don't understand why you would want to lock out your established customers from the new print option. 

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

I wonder what happens when a newcomers decides to register and then wants to buy a print.

That's the enigma, new un-registered buyers are invited to register as part of the initial process of buying a print, alternatively they can choose not to and stay as a guest, they will need in any case to enter all their details with Media Storehouse but presumably that won't alter their status as far as Alamy is concerned. So if they do decide to register then suddenly neither the Team and Individual Licencing or the "Buy a print" options are available to them. Hopefully there is more to it than that, perhaps we are not seeing things in the same way as regular buyers are, or perhaps at the very least these newly-registered buyers are automatically tagged so they see this new presentation and not the page that we see.