First timer - need basic help please

Ceebi

Question

Heloo my fellow photographers 

I have been shooting photos in RAW and then edit in lightroom. The exported file is not in JPG format and with reduced file size. 

I am happy to start but can someone please help me how to setup my photos from lightroom so that the EXIF data plus the file size remains the same to upload here ?. 

Any other basic starter guide for uploads will be appreciated please and thank you. 

3 answers to this question

This is a good video from a photographer I follow on YouTube.  If you just want to figure out the exporting, you can go right to the time stamp of 12:31.  Here is where you set what parameters you want for the images you are exporting.

Jill

Posted (edited)

Depending on how good your camera and lens (lenses) are, have you thought about shooting JPEGs and and maybe just having RAW files as a backup. For this type of photography I rarely uses RAW files and then edit them down to JPEG format. However there is a size limit of JPEG you can download. Editing JPEGs versus RAW is a different ballgame too because JPEGs won’t take brutal editing like a RAW.

Edited by Gervais Montacute

Hello Ceebi,

Alamy is open to all but it is a market place for images produced to a commercial standard for both content and qualiity.

Here is an example

https://www.alamy.com/category/uk.html

People very new to photography will find it difficult to gain traction and may find themselves in the 20% band.

Good luck.