QC Time Scale

Hi Guys, just wondering if it is normal to wait around 6 weeks for QC to approve/reject submissions. I submitted a batch on the 3rd May & they are still awaiting approval. Previously it has only been a few days to a week.

Thanks in advance.

Hi batman (Allan),

I make that 12 days. What is your QC rank (on your contributor dashboard)? If you're 3 stars or more, 12 days would be excessive. You can email contributors@alamy.com and query it.

If you have multiple QC fails, then the QC time will increase. It looks like you've only had 1 successful submission so far...

Good luck,

Steve

• Like 1

I sent two batches on 3 and 5 May that hasn't been cleared yet.  The first batch after clearing test submission took one day to clear QC.  I had a rejected image in my second submission, This is my 3rd submission and I am surprised it has taken longer than expected.  

4 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi batman (Allan),

I make that 12 days. What is your QC rank (on your contributor dashboard)? If you're 3 stars or more, 12 days would be excessive. You can email contributors@alamy.com and query it.

If you have multiple QC fails, then the QC time will increase. It looks like you've only had 1 successful submission so far...

Good luck,

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Yes only one successful at the moment hence why I hadn't really pushed it. Think I need to double check my dates as well seems like far longer. Will give it until the end of the month and take it from there I think, no major rush, just curious. 

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/05/2024 at 11:05, Walking Sunshine said:

I sent two batches on 3 and 5 May that hasn't been cleared yet.  The first batch after clearing test submission took one day to clear QC.  I had a rejected image in my second submission, This is my 3rd submission and I am surprised it has taken longer than expected.  

I have just had another long wait of around 15 days for my next submission. Submitted 3 seperate batches, 2 rejected out of 1st batch so all others rejected without being assessed. I also now have to wait another 9 days before I can submit again. So almost a month bewteen uploads. :( 

I'm taking pictures faster than Alamy will QC them. Serioulsy loosing interest in Alamy concidering the world of rapid QC that we live in, Alamy seem to be a long way behind. ;( 

37 minutes ago, Maninabatcave said:

I have just had another long wait of around 15 days for my next submission. Submitted 3 seperate batches, 2 rejected out of 1st batch so all others rejected without being assessed. I also now have to wait another 9 days before I can submit again. So almost a month bewteen uploads. :( 

I'm taking pictures faster than Alamy will QC them. Seriously loosing interest in Alamy concidering the world of rapid QC that we live in, Alamy seem to be a long way behind. ;( 

Alamy is not behind, you are as the submitter.  You have now had 3 rejections in a small number of submissions.  This puts you at the end of the QC queue.

Alamy expects you to check every image you submit at 100% to be sure it is clear of flaws.  It is your job as the photographer to submit technically perfect images.

I've had one failure in the 11 years I've been on Alamy.  Always clear QC within 24 hours.

Jill

• Like 1

Hi Allan,

Similar to Jill, I've had 1 failure in 9 years. There's lot of advice on the Forum about passing QC, the portfolio critique might be a good starting point.

See also:

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3&_gl=1*8oon5k*_ga*ODY0MzIwNzg3LjE3MDEyOTYzNDg.*_ga_M5V9H9N7G8*MTcxNzYyODI5MC4zMDIuMS4xNzE3NjI4NDI2LjAuMC4w

Best of luck.

Steve

I took a look at what has passed and you seem to be trying for some sort of artistic effect. Alamy is an agency that is primarily editorial. So they sell to magazines, books, newspapers, etc. Usually these places are looking for something very realistic. You will probably do better with a minimum of post-processing. Just my opinion and I'm not usually good at the technical critiques so take it for what it is worth.

Paulette

• Like 1

Just now, NYCat said:

I took a look at what has passed and you seem to be trying for some sort of artistic effect. Alamy is an agency that is primarily editorial. So they sell to magazines, books, newspapers, etc. Usually these places are looking for something very realistic. You will probably do better with a minimum of post-processing. Just my opinion and I'm not usually good at the technical critiques so take it for what it is worth.

Paulette

+1